Perth and Perthshire Ladies Bowling AssociationCompetition Rules 2019
- No Player can play in more than one competition or for two clubs.
- Two entries are allowed for the Junior Singles and the Singles Disciplines
- Games can be played earlier than the date fixed but not later than. Please notify the Secretary of any changes.
- A defeated p layer is not eligible for re-entry in any of the other sections of the competition.
- Umpires to check all bowls before start of competition tie. Composition & Wooden bowls must have legible Stamp and serial number. (IBB, WBB and WB stamps only) (BIBC Stamp is not acceptable)
- Junior Singles = 21 shots
Singles = 21shots
Senior Singles = 21 shots
Four Bowl Pairs = 17 ends throughout
Triples = 15 ends throughout
Fours = 17 ends throughout
• Players participating in the first tie shall be regarded as the official selection of the member club.
• Between rounds players may alter playing positions.
• During play if it is agreed that a sub is required the sub should play in any position other than skip, and the other members of the team can rearrange their positions as necessary.
• The Competition shall be played under World Bowls Laws of the Sport of Bowls as published by World Bowls (Crystal Mark Third Edition) and including Bowls Scotland domestic regulations.
• Substitutes will be allowed up to quarter finals as follows and can be made at any time between rounds and may play in any position
Singles – 1 Substitute (Incl Junior and Senior)
Pairs – 2 Substitutes
Triples – 3 Substitutes
Fours – 4 Substitutes
For one round only a replacement player can be used to replace a player necessitated by immediate family bereavement or jury duty. The player who was replaced may return in subsequent rounds. The replacement player will be eligible to play in other competition as a substitute. In the event of the death of a player a replacement may be made and this does not count as a substitute.
8. All afternoon games commence at 2 pm, evening games commence at 6.45 pm
30 minutes grace shall be given to all matches, after which the opponents can claim the tie.
9. In the event of a tie an extra end shall be played.
10. Two trial ends shall be allowed in all ties.
11. Ties postponed because of rain must be played before the following Wednesday
12. All cards must show PLAYERS FULL NAMES as well as club names.
13. All cards must be marked ‘SUB’ where applicable
14. All cards must be signed by both skips.
15. RESULTS – HOST CLUB to Text; E-Mail or Phone scores to Secretary on the evening of the game; then scan or forward score cards to Secretary – Ms Marion Latto, 2 Fortingall Place, Perth PH1 2NQ.
Contact details: Mob – 07779631013; E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel – 01738 623217.
16. DRESS CODE.
• Grey Bowling Skirt or Plain Grey/Black Tailored Bowling Trousers throughout the competition.
• White Bowling top / Polo shirt with collar and sleeves.
• Club coloured clothing may be worn, (all team members), throughout the competition.
• Footwear – All players must wear flat soled and heel-less footwear.
17. Fee to Host Club and Green keeper: £1.00 (per player).