Welcome to the Bowls Perthshire website where we aim to keep all clubs in Perthshire updated with the latest news and results around the area. You can find contact information for all the Perthshire clubs as well as keep up to date with the latest information with regard to competition fixtures, updates and results.
The website is solely dependent on receiving information from clubs so please send us all your news and results. It does not have to be all formal news as we enjoy hearing and passing on amusing stories that have happened within your clubs.
Wishing all clubs a happy and successful 2019 season!
Blackford win PDL Seniors Sixes League
With one weeks fixtures to be completed Blackford BC are this seasons Champions. Well done to them. The presentation of the trophy and pennant will take place at Blackford BC on Tuesday, 10th September at 2:00pm. There will be a short game, light buffet and refreshments. Clubs other than Blackford are asked to send one rink to the presentation afternoon.
Senior League Match Secretary
Perth Campbell Trophy Bowling Association win the Andrew Clark Trophy
I am delighted to report that the Perth Campbell Trophy Bowling Association won the Andrew Clark Trophy against our friends from the Dundee City Bowling Association.
The game was held at Monifieth Bowling Club and the hospitality was first class.
The scores were as follows –
- Kinnoull rink of Jim Dempsey, Charlie Dawson, Len Brailsford and Brian Bonar beat Broughty 24-4
- Presidents rink of Ally Smith, Henry Hodge, Gordon McGregor and James Kellie beat Dundee Presidents rink 21-7
- West End rink of Peter McNicol, Ronnie McLintock, Grant Duff and Iain Fisher beat Monifieth 16-14
- Caley rink of John Duncan, Gordon Dunn, Ivan Stewart and Ian Robson lost to Fairfield 13-18
- Perth rink of Adil Hamdani, Keith Seivwright, Graham Sidey and George Brown lost to Strathmartin 15-20
- Balhousie rink of G Smith, Martin Lamb, Davy Duff and Dave Nicoll lost to Longforgan 14-19.
Total scores Perth 103 v Dundee 82
An excellent result against a very strong Dundee team.
“to say I’m fair chuffed is an understatement well done to the Perth boys”